The Ridgewood at Shenango Valley is a senior living residence providing services to older adults who need assistance with activities of daily living.
Residents who need assistance appreciate a private apartment with a living room, bedroom, private bath with a shower and a kitchenette that includes a refrigerator, microwave and sink top. The residence also features a variety of common gathering places for all residents to enjoy.
Services for residents who need assistance include dining services, housekeeping and select transportation for medical appointments. Additional services include social, recreational and spiritual activities and special events.
Personal care encompasses assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, showering, dressing, grooming, mobility, medication management, continence care, memory support, and more. Each resident has a specially designed plan of care that staff uses as its guide for providing care.
The Ridgewood’s personal care is for individuals who need assistance with daily activities. These residents receive the following services/benefits included in monthly fees:
- Personal Care Services (in addition to all independent living services)
- Assistance with dressing and undressing
- Assistance with showering and whirlpool baths once or twice per week
- Assistance with grooming, shaving, and hair care
- Assistance of one staff member for mobility and transferring needs
- Encouragement and assistance with participating in social and leisure activities
- Assistance with medications including ordering and/or reordering prescriptions and consulting with the pharmacy on medications
- Securing health care services: i.e. consulting with physicians for medications, treatment, and appointments
- Bathroom assistance as needed; additional incontinence program available
- Monthly vitals and weights as ordered by the attending physician
- LPN services
- Assistance with caring for personal possessions
- Oxygen monitoring - as ordered by physician
- Inhalation treatments - as ordered by physician
- Securing health care services
- Making appointments and reminding residents of appointments
- Assistance with making and receiving phone calls
- Assistance with receiving and sending mail