Providing specialized services to residents with dementia or other memory care needs
Each resident has a specially designed plan of care that staff uses as its guide for providing care.
Staff at The Ridgewood at Shenango Valley have been specially trained to offer support for individuals with dementia or other memory care needs. Their extra care and attention provides residents and their families peace of mind.
Residents with memory care needs appreciate a private apartment with:
- a living room, bedroom, and private bath with shower.
- a kitchenette that includes a refrigerator, microwave and sink.
- a variety of common gathering places for all residents to enjoy.
Services for residents who need memory care assistance include:
- dining services, housekeeping and select transportation for medical appointments.
- help with bathing, showering, dressing, and grooming.
- social, recreational and spiritual activities as well as special events.
- help with mobility, medication management, continence care, memory support, and more.
If you know an individual with memory care needs, The Ridgewood’s specialized support can help.
As a more detailed listing, the following services/benefits are included in monthly fees:
- Personal Care Services (in addition to all independent living services)
- Assistance with dressing and undressing
- Assistance with showering and whirlpool baths once or twice per week
- Assistance with grooming, shaving, and hair care
- Assistance of one staff member for mobility and transferring needs
- Encouragement and assistance with participating in social and leisure activities
- Assistance with medications including ordering and/or reordering prescriptions and consulting with the pharmacy on medications
- Securing health care services: i.e. consulting with physicians for medications, treatment, and appointments
- Bathroom assistance as needed; additional incontinence program available
- Monthly vitals and weights as ordered by the attending physician
- LPN services
- Assistance with caring for personal possessions
- Oxygen monitoring - as ordered by physician
- Inhalation treatments - as ordered by physician
- Securing health care services
- Making appointments and reminding residents of appointments
- Assistance with making and receiving phone calls
- Assistance with receiving and sending mail
For more information, feel free to contact us at any time.